Open call to SCBWI members of the Los Angeles Region!
Showcase your artwork on SCBWI-L.A.’s social media pages with our annual contest for most creative response to our prompt. Entries can be any style, any media, as long as they fulfill the requirements for entry. All entries must be submitted as a 1500 pixel wide x 500 pixel tall .JPEG and all entrants must reside in the Los Angeles Region. The winning contestant’s artwork will be featured on the Los Angeles Region SCBWI Twitter Profile until the next contest with a feature article published in the region’s Kite Tales blog at the time of the winning announcement. The winning artwork will also be featured on the website page for the upcoming Illustrator’s Day event.
Entries are DUE April 28, 2023.
The winner will be announced May 24, 2023.
Prompt: “Kite Night”
– Contestants must reside in the Los Angeles region and be a member in good standing with the SCBWI in order to participate.
– Contestants must submit a .JPG/.JPEG of their artwork formatted to 1500 x 500 pixels.
– File name should read as follows: YourName_Title_SCBWILA-Twitter.jpg
– DO NOT put your name directly on the artwork. The winner will be notified and asked to resubmit their work with their signature.
– Contestant artwork must incorporate the SCBWI Kite into their design in some way.
– Contestant artwork should be original and of their own design.
– Artwork of any medium is highly encouraged. Though please follow the guidelines above for submission of final art.
– Anyone not following submission guidelines or that does not reside in the Los Angeles Region will be automatically disqualified.
Submit your entry using the form below:
(All fields are required.)
– Only winners will be notified regarding their entry and contest standing. Please do not contact Los Angeles SCBWI to inquire about your entry.
– SCBWI-LA reserves the right to reject any entry we deem inappropriate and to declare no winners if we do not receive enough appropriate entries. Entries will be judged based on merit by our anonymous judges.