Prize: Free tuition to ONE of the following SCBWI-L.A. events:
Saturday session of SCBWI-L.A. Writer’s Days 2015
One Sunday intensive of SCBWI-L.A. Writer’s Days 2015
SCBWI-L.A. Illustrator’s Day 2015
Categories: Picture Book Fiction, Middle Grade Fiction, Young Adult Fiction, Others: Non-Fiction/Poetry/Easy Reader
1. You must be registered for the SATURDAY session of SCBWI-L.A. Writer’s Days 2014. Your name will be checked against the list of Saturday attendees. You are not eligible if you have only registered for a Sunday intensive.
2. Submit ONE unpublished manuscript in manuscript format: a. Picture Book (text only, no illustrations or dummies) b. Middle Grade (first 10 pages only) c. Young Adult (first 10 pages only) d. Others: Poetry (a collection of 10 poems on a single theme)/Nonfiction (first 10 pages only)/ Easy Reader (first 10 pages only)
3. Previous Writer’s Days contest award winning manuscripts may not be submitted again.
4. Any submission with multiple authors will have the prize shared between the authors. i.e. Two authors would each win half-price tuition.
5. Please include the following information in your submission, by writing them in the BODY OF YOUR EMAIL:
a. SCBWI Current Member Name
c. Contact Numbers
e. Title of Your Piece
f. Entry Category (Chosen from the Categories listed above these Contest Rules.)
6. Submissions must state entry category.
7. Please e-mail your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: WRITER’S DAYS CONTEST 2014.
8. Attach your submission as a Word Document/RTF File. If you aren’t able to, you may copy your work into the body of your e-mail.
9. All entries must be e-mailed by midnight (PST) on February 14th, 2014. You will receive an auto-response email when you submit your entry.
10. An award may not be given if there are fewer than five submissions in a category or judges feel no submission is deserving.
11. Please be sure to follow these submission guidelines. Submissions not in compliance with these rules will not be considered.
12. Sorry, no additional information or clarification will be given out.
13. The judge(s), while highly qualified, shall remain anonymous.