Multiple Contests, Multiple Winners!
Writer’s Day – March 12, 2016
Winners receive a free 20-minute critique with one of our faculty at Writer’s Day PLUS free tuition to the newly formatted Writer’s & Illustrator’s Day 2017.
– Picture Book (text only, no illustration or dummies)
– Middle Grade novel (first 10 pages)
– Young Adult novel (first 10 pages)
– Other: Non-Fiction book or Other (first 10 pages) / Poetry (10 poems)
If there are fewer than five submissions in a category or judges feel no submission deserves recognition, no award will be given.
1. You must be registered for Writer’s Day 2016.
2. Previous Writer’s Day first place-winning manuscripts may NOT be submitted again.
3. You may enter ONE unpublished manuscript in ONE category only. The submitted manuscript must NOT be under contract for publication at the time of application.
4. Manuscripts with multiple authors are eligible, but the prize will be split – i.e. two authors would each win half-price tuition.
5. Winners must be present at time of award to receive the faculty critique.
Submissions not in compliance with the following rules WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
To ensure fairness for all, no questions will be answered. Please read carefully.
1. Format your manuscript as follows:
– 1″ margin on all sides
– Font: Times New Roman, 12 point
– Header on every page including PAGE NUMBER AND TITLE ONLY. Do not include your name or any other information on your manuscript.
2. Save your manuscript as a PDF file named with SURNAME_TITLE. Example: Rowling_Harry Potter
3. Send your submission in an email with the subject line WRITER’S DAY 2016 to: email@example.com
4. In the body of your email include:
– Your name
– Phone numbers
– Email address
– Title of your manuscript
– Entry category
5. Attach your manuscript to the email as a PDF file.
6. All entries must be emailed by midnight (PST) on January 27, 2016. You will receive an auto-response indicating that we have received your entry.
Winners will be announced at Writer’s Day on Saturday, March 12, 2016.
Judges will remain anonymous.